The fast of Tishea Beav, marks the destruction of both Beth Hamikdash.
The fast will begin Wednesday evening, July 26 at 21:01, and will end Thursday evening July 27 at 21:33.
- eat or drink
- wear leather footwear
- bathe or wash ourselves (washing only until the knuckle when mandated by halachah)
- apply ointments or creams
- engage in marital relations or any form of intimacy
- sit on a normal-height chair until chatzot (the time when the sun has reached its apex)
- study Torah (except for the “sad” parts that deal with the destruction of the Temples, etc.)
- send gifts, or even greet one another (you may respond to greetings)
- engage in outings, trips or similar pleasurable activities
- wear fine, festive clothing
Read more: The Laws of Mourning